To our valued Occupational Medicine Clients:
I am sure that you are aware of the intense media attention to Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19). Excela Health has been focusing efforts on preparedness for the potential of widespread illness related to COVID-19. We recently shared information with the public via the Tribune Review. A copy of that article can be found in a separate blog post here at westmorelandchamber.com.
We would like to take this opportunity to make some suggestions for consideration in advance of any disease in our community:
• Please encourage frequent hand washing. Vigorous use of soap and water for at least 20 seconds is preferred. Alcohol based hand sanitizers are an acceptable alternative if soap and water are not easily accessible.
• You may want to consider limiting or suspending any non-essential business travel outside of the continental United States
• You should strongly encourage employees who are ill to stay home. Individuals with fevers (> 100 F) should be fever-free for 24 hours without use of fever medications.
• Take the opportunity now to identify resources that might be needed that would allow employees to work from home in the event that recommendation is made by the Pennsylvania Department of Health (PA DOH) or the Centers for Disease Prevention and Control (CDC).
• Familiarize yourself with the CDC website. Identify an individual within your company that can monitor the site daily as information does change:
Specific questions related to the Department of Health plan should be addressed to the PA Department of Health at 724-832-5315. You can also reach out to Excela WORKS by calling 724-454-6695.
Thank you for placing your trust in us!
Carol J. Fox, MD, Senior Vice-President and Chief Medical Officer, Excela Health
The latest news from the Westmoreland County Chamber of Commerce